symonkariuki symonkariuki

Walking under Divine Counsel is one of the best things that can happen in your life. This means that you are continuously getting guidance for the decisions of life. Walking under Divine Counsel means that God is your tour guide in the wilderness of life, your coach in the rough game of life, your compass as you fly to the higher altitudes of life.

In Hebrew the word counsel means “to advise; reflexively to deliberate or resolve: - advertise, take advice, advise (well), consult, (give take) counsel (-lor), determine, devise, guide, purpose.” In Greek counsel is ”βουλή boulēboo-lay' which means volition, that is, (objectively) advice, or (by implication) purpose: - + advise, counsel, will.”

God did not create man with an in-built GPS for punching in wherever he wants to go and to be internally driven to destination. In life, there will be many cross roads and we will not always know what direction to take. “Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.” Jeremiah 6:16

God made man this way intentionally so that man can depend on Him entirely and
wholeheartedly for divine leadings and inspiration. God is omniscient
(all knowing) and He does not need direction like we do. He is not groping
in the dark lost and confused like we are sometimes. He knows everything. ” I have
declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth,
and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass.”  Isa 48:3.
“Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made us to
drink the wine of astonishment.” Psalms 60:3

In the Old Testament during the Mosaic dispensation, the Urim and Thummim was
used in to obtain Divine Counsel from the Lord God. “And thou shalt put in the
breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's
heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the
children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually. “Exodus 28:30.
“And he put the breastplate upon him: also he put in the breastplate the Urim and the
Thummim.” Leviticus 8:8. “And he shall stand before Eleazar the priest, who shall ask
counsel for him after the judgment of Urim before the LORD: at his word shall they go
out, and at his word they shall come in, both he, and all the children of Israel
with him, even all the congregation”. Numbers 27:21.

The Urim and Thummim were two flat objects; one side was called Urim, from “arar” to curse. When both objects displayed this side the answer was negative. The other side was Thummim, from “to be perfect”. Two Thummims meant “yes”. One Urim and one Thummim meant “no reply”.

The use of the Urim and Thummim diminished with the emergence of the Prophetic
Ministry in the Old Testament. The ministry of Prophets weakened the use of Urim and
Thummim. The prophets in the Old Testament were consulted for Divine Counsel,
guidance and direction. “Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his
secret unto his servants the prophets.” Amos 3:7. The prophetic utterances were more
elaborate than the Urim and Thummim.

In the New Testament, God the Holy Spirit takes the prominent role in giving direction
and instruction. I believe the Holy Spirit is the greatest Urim and Thummim of all times.
“As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas
and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.” Acts 13:2. “But when they shall
lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do
ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is
not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.” Mark 13:11.

It is my prayer that you will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit like never before in your life. I pray that you will desire to be saturated, inspired and led of the Holy Spirit. “And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,”  Luke 4:1“ For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” Rom 8:14 “But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.” Gal 5:18.

Divine Counsel has been perfected in the epoch of the Holy Ghost! When we are baptized in the Holy Ghost and we are continuously saturated; our spirit man is then exercised, sharpened and fine-tuned to pick the signals of heaven without a problem. We are better able to hear God and receive Divine Counsel.  “He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.” Rev 2:29 .

For some time now I have been pursuing a greater intimacy with the Holy Spirit. I have desired to be super sensitive to Him, to hear Him precisely and accurately. To obey Him completely. I am learning on how to wait on Him, to listen to Him, to pray in spirit, worship in spirit and commune in spirit. It has been the most rewarding experience. The more I draw close to Him, the clearer I have received Divine Counsel. We live on the slopes of hills in Pretoria and the cell phone signal is terrible. This is because we are far from the tower. We struggle hearing those that call us on the cell phone. It is the same with receiving Divine Counsel; the further we are from the Holy Spirit, the more difficult it is to receive direction from Him.

We need to desire the counsel of the Holy Spirit. He is God and hence His counsel is Divine. “That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it! “(Isaiah 5:19). We should not walk in presumption and in our own ways.

We need to desire an impartation of the spirit of counsel in our lives  “And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;” (Isa 11:2)
The Holy Ghost is wonderful in counsel. “This also cometh forth from the LORD of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working.” Isa 28:29. “Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings” (Jer 32:19)  With the Lord God,  the ancient of days  is “wisdom; and in length of days understanding. With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding. With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his. He leadeth counsellors away spoiled, and maketh the judges fools.” Job 12:12-17

God’s counsel stands forever and hence we should prioritize seeking Him and His direction for our lives. We need the Holy Ghost plumb line to align us according to His counsel that stands forever.  “The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations”. (Psa 33:11) .)  “There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD”. (Pro 21:30)”Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:” (Isa 46:10)  “For who hath stood in the counsel of the LORD, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it?” (Jer 23:18)  “Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give everyone according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:” (Jer 32:19) .

Seeking counsel from mediums, ancestors, sorcerers, palm readers, astrologers,
sangomas, horoscopes, Ouija boards and the like, seriously displeases and angers the
Lord. “So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, even
against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that
had a familiar spirit, to enquire of it;” (1Ch 10:13). “There shall not be found among you
any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth
divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a
consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these
things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the
LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.”  Deut 10:10-12. For they are a nation void of counsel, neither is there any understanding in them. (Deu 32:28).  The Holy Spirit cannot give divine counsel in the life of one that has not repented from such. We cannot also seek counsel from both worlds. “For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire,
even a jealous God.” Deut 4:24.

 Surrounding ourselves with counselors full of the Holy Spirit will ensure we reach our destiny quicker and safely.  “Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to God-ward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God:” (Exo 18:19) “But he forsook the counsel of the old men, which they had given him, and consulted with the young men that were grown up with him, and which stood before him:”)  “And the counsel of Ahithophel, which he counselled in those days, was as if a man had enquired at the oracle of God: so was all the counsel of Ahithophel both with David and with Absalom.” (1Ki 12:8). (2Sa 16:23. (Pro 11:14)  Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.” (Pro 12:15) “Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.” (Pro 15:22) “Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.” (Pro 19:20).  “For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.” (Pro 24:6). “Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.” (Pro 27:9). Do you normally seek God’s counsel before making major decisions? Who are your counselors?

Those called to give Divine Counsel will sometimes be the bearers of bad news. The counselors will sometimes risk their lives or their relationship by the objective counsel they give. They need to be bold and fearless. “And it came to pass, as he talked with him, that the king said unto him, Art thou made of the king's counsel? forbear; why shouldest thou be smitten? Then the prophet forbare, and said, I know that God hath determined to destroy thee, because thou hast done this, and hast not hearkened unto my counsel.”(2Ch 25:16). Can you be trusted by God to give objective counsel in your work place, home or Church even if it might risk your life or status quo?

May the Holy Spirit insulate you from the counsel of the devil and the wicked in Jesus
name. May the Holy Spirit who is the greatest Urim and Thummim of all times expose
the counsel of enemy and frustrate it like He did in the time of Elisha in Jesus name
amen. “Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he
called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not shew me which of us is for the king
of Israel? And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet
that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy
bedchamber.” 2 Ki 6:11-12 . “Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the
insurrection of the workers of iniquity: “(Psa 64:2)  “For mine enemies speak against
me; and they that lay wait for my soul take counsel together.” (Psa 71:10).

May the Lord stir your spirit to seek the Holy Ghost like never before,
for direction for your life. May all the decisions you need to make be led of God in Jesus
name. May the Holy Spirit impart upon you the spirit of counsel and might. May the
gifts of the Holy Spirit in your life be razor sharp in Jesus name. May the Lord
disconnect you from sorcerers, mediums, sangomas, horoscopes, diviners, mediums,
ancestral consultation in Jesus name. May the Lord surround you with counselors full of
the Holy Ghost. May the Lord frustrate the counsel of the enemy in your life in Jesus
name. Amen.

Please let me know if you need further clarity on this subject matter, or if you need
 guidance on a particular issue.

In His Mandate,
Apostle Symon Kariuki
Kingdom Age Network of Apostles and Prophets

Symon Kariuki
Kingdom Age Network of Apostles and Prophets
PO Box 13754
E-mail: kanapinstitute@gmail.com