It's time for God to favour you

fstruwig fstruwig

It's time for God to favour you

God’s favour is an amazing thing. When God’s favor is upon you, amazing things happen to you that are sometimes difficult to explain and even fathom. You should never underestimate God’s favour in your life. Scriptures are full of examples of people who made a mark in their generations because God’s favour was upon them. God’s favour is what gives somebody an added advantage over another in whatever circumstance they are in. God’s favour is what distinguishes one from the rest of the crowd.

God has been speaking to me about the importance of His favour upon one’s life. My prayer is that God will saturate you with His favour from above like no other time in your life. That you will fully understand how to walk in His favour, that you will be able to recognize those that carry His favour and connect with them. That you will learn to whom you should dispense favour to in Jesus name. Amen.

The word favour in Hebrew is” chên” which means graciousness, that is, subjectively (kindness, favor) or objectively (beauty): - favour, grace (-ious), pleasant, precious, [well-] favoured. In Greek it is “charis” which means graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude): - acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace (-ious), joy liberality, pleasure, thank (-s, -worthy). (Bible Concordance)

My spirit has been pregnant with the word favour. It’s like God is about to dispense His favor to someone in a spectacular manner. I too am preparing to fully embrace God’s favour in its entirety in case I am the desired target of what God is laying heavily in my spiritual womb.

Let’s look a bit closer at the subject matter.

We need spiritual insight to recognize those that carry God’s favour. In Genesis 18:3, our father of faith Abraham, had spiritual insight to recognize special guests that carried God’s favour and blessing. He pleaded for them to stop by for a meal if he had indeed obtained favour from them, and they obliged. At ninety nine, he had the supernatural breakthrough of a son. Favour can usher you into the supernatural. I wonder how many of us miss our miracles because of spiritual blindness, stinginess, lack of spiritual sensitivity or even fear of entertaining strangers. May the Lord give you spiritual ability to recognize those that carry God’s favour and blessing.

The Lord can bless you because of connecting with a carrier of God’s favour. Working with
people with Gods favour can bring favour and blessing to your business, work or family. In
 Genesis 30:27, “And Laban said unto him, I pray thee, if I have found favour in thine eyes,
tarry: for I have learned by experience that the LORD hath blessed me for thy sake. “Jacob’s
favour could be traced to his father Isaac and his grandfather Abraham. “Then Isaac sowed in
that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him. And the
man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: For he had
possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines
envied him.” Gen 26:12-14. This means that favour can flow through generations.  The Pastor
whose Church we go to, is enjoying the same favour his late father who was a man of God,
enjoyed. His ministry has exploded in a very short time.  Are you connected to the right people
in your life?

Sometimes favour can be evident in dire circumstances. “But the LORD was with Joseph, and
 shewed him mercy, and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison” Gen 39:21.
Joseph had been implicated wrongfully yet had been a carrier of favour from a tender age. In
fact the favour that he carried landed him in trouble with his brothers. His father had made him
 a special coat of many colours. When God’s favour is upon you, special gifts, positions,
privileges, or opportunities will be given to you that others will not receive. This may cause envy
and jealousy.  The favour of the Lord followed Joseph all the days of His life. You see this favour
even when he was thrown in prison. I pray that God will grant favour to you even though you
may be in a dire situation like Joseph.

God’s favour attracts wealth. “And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians:
and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty:” Exodus 3:21. The children of
Israel left the land of captivity with gold and silver because of God’s favour. I recently heard of
young man who was given one year’s salary in advance by his boss; and was requested to quit
because of his unwavering Christian stand at work. May the Lord cause you to be satisfied with
favour like Naphtali. May you be full with the blessing of the Lord. May you possess the west and
the south in Jesus name. Deut 33:23.

How do you know that you have obtained favour from a potential spouse?  “Then she said, Let
me find favour in thy sight, my lord; for that thou hast comforted me, and for that thou hast
spoken friendly unto thine handmaid, though I be not like unto one of thine handmaidens. And
Boaz said unto her, at mealtime come thou hither, and eat of the bread, and dip thy morsel in
the vinegar. And she sat beside the reapers: and he reached her parched corn, and she did eat,
 and was sufficed, and left. And when she was risen up to glean, Boaz commanded his young
men, saying, Let her glean even among the sheaves, and reproach her not: And let fall also some
of the handfuls of purpose for her, and leave them, that she may glean them, and rebuke her
not.” Ruth 2:13-16.  When you gain favor from a potential suitor, they will be very friendly, they
will try to provide comfort, take you out to dine and be protective over you. If some of these
characteristics are not evident in the life of the one pursuing you, run like the “Jabulani ball.”
May the Lord grant favour to those trusting Him for marriage partners in Jesus name. Amen.

Anointing goes hand in hand with favour. God’s anointing brings favour.  The ministries of
Samuel and Jesus left an indelible mark because of God’s anointing and favor upon their lives.
“And the child Samuel grew on, and was in favour both with the LORD, and also with men.” 1
Sam 2:26. “And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.”
Luke 2:52. Receiving Christ in your heart will open the door of favour if you are not yet born
again. My life took a blessed turn when I accepted Christ as my Personal Savior almost two
decades ago. May the Lord increase His favour upon your life in Jesus name as you walk with
Him intimately.

By now I am sure you are aware of the importance of God’s favour in your life.  I will now
suggest some of the things you can do to obtain favour from God.

Prayer is vital. Sometimes we don not receive because we do not ask. Make it an important
prayer point to seek God consistently and persistently for His favour in everything you do. You
will be amazed by the results. “Remember me, O LORD, with the favour that thou bearest unto
thy people: O visit me with thy salvation;” Psalm 106:4. (Psalm 119:58).

Take bold steps of faith when prompted to. This can attract favour from God and man. God loves
valiant people. The shepherd boy David obtained favour from King Saul because of his valiance.
1 Sam 16:22. God has not given you a spirit of fear but of power, love and sound mind. We all
like to associate with people that have crazy faith and are not afraid of the unknown.

Faithfulness is also a crucial ingredient if you want God’s favour. Nehemiah served faithfully
before the King. A time came when he had a burden to go and rebuild the walls of
Jerusalem, he obtained favour before the king because of his faithfulness. Nehemiah 2:5. You
need to be faithful in small things before you can be trusted with great responsibilities. How
seriously we take our responsibility at home and work can determine how God will dispense His
favour to us. Ask God for forgiveness in areas where you have been laise faire with your
time, money and other resources. Corruption is an enemy of God’s favour.

There is nothing as beautiful as a virtuous woman.  She has a quiet and gentle spirit and is
unpolluted by the world. Virtue attracts favor.  “Now when the turn of Esther, the daughter of
Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her for his daughter, was come to go in unto the
king, she required nothing but what Hegai the king's chamberlain, the keeper of the women,
 appointed. And Esther obtained favour in the sight of all them that looked upon her. So Esther
was taken unto king Ahasuerus into his house royal in the tenth month, which is the month
Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.  And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she
obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; so that he set the royal crown
upon her head, and made her queen instead of Vashti.” Esther 2:15-17. In a world where
untainted womanhood has became a rare commodity, where feminism is seen as a virtue and
where some women are forever scheming, rebelling, controlling and prostituting; God’s favour is
evidently absent.  We need women of virtue who carry God’s favour in our society. If you are one
of them, shout a big “Hallelujah!” The man who has found such a woman should shout an even
louder “Hallelujah”.  “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the
LORD”.  Prov 18:22. Any man that has experienced a dramatic turn of blessings since he met his
wife should thank God at this point.  Those married to “knives” and not wives should plead with
God for mercy and grace!

We also need to inculcate righteousness, truth, mercy, wisdom, goodness and excellent
understanding, in order to obtain favour with God and man. Any nation that wants to
experience God’s favour must value righteousness, justice and truth.” Righteousness exalts a
nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.” Proverbs 14:34 (Psalm 5:12).” So shalt thou find
favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.” Proverbs 3:3-4. “The king's favour
is toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame.” Proverbs 14:35.” He
that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto
him.” Proverbs 11:27. “Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of transgressors is hard.
Proverbs 13:15.

There is a set time when God’s favour is released. “Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion:
for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.” Psalm 102:13. I pray that God will make
this season your season of favour in Jesus name. May things turn around in your life because of
God’s favour. May you experience unprecedented miracles because of His favour in Jesus’
Name. Amen.

Favor brings life. Psalm 30:5. Favour will make your mountains to stand strong (establishment)
Psalm 30:7. Favour will cause your enemies to be defeated before your face. Psalm 44:3. Favour
will cause your horn to be exalted (promotion). Psalm 89:17. Favour will cause kings to minister
unto you. Isa 60:10, Dan 1:19, Luke 1:3. And I can go on and on.

I will be anxiously waiting for great testimonies from you. I am trusting God that He will turn
things around after you read, inculcate and implement what you have learnt on God’s favour.

Finally, let me pray for you once more; “Father God, I worship and praise You for who You are. I
thank You that You are the omniscient and omnipotent God. I thank You that You know the
name of the person reading this article at this time. Thank You that You love them with the
everlasting love. I pray that  You will shower them with Your favour like never before in their
lives. I pray that Your favour will manifest in such a way that they will give You the glory.
Merciful Father, hear my prayer in Jesus name. Amen.”

In His Mandate
Apostle Symon Kariuki
Kingdom Age Network of Apostles and Prophets